I really wanted to write a new post today.  But I got so distracted...


First I was captured by vintage artsy Italian liqueur ads...as I drank my nutmeg cappuccino.



 Then...I decided that the guest bathroom needed cleaning and realized that SHE had not put away along with the other Holiday decor:








I then wandered into the living room and pondered the idea that my plants are STILL alive.  It's a miracle. Although my Rosemary Tree could use some help..I better look up the "care & maintenance of..." quick!


Then I noticed that I am not the only one in the house who thinks this is the coziest, 'snuggle-up-on-the-sofa' blanket...






Speaking of cozy...even after I had a couple cups of hot cappy,
I was pretty chilly.  So decided I need a HOT bath and some moisturizing was in order...



After which I put on my favorite:
    

    Ah,  it IS the simple things in life.


                                        

THEN...

                                 


I came back upstairs just in time to  enjoy the gloaming....
what a pretty sight from my kitchen window.  I wish the camera would have captured the smoke coming out the chimney of that little, snow covered house......




 When I came out of the spell of the twilight...I spotted a recent vintage gift that came to me this winter...and decided it has not been used enough. Oh the possibilities... I will put it to good use...but not today...
 


 Because the BLANKET is free!!





and now it's time for this:






Yeah, I really wanted to post today.  But what a full day it was...

Oh well...there's always tomorrow.









5 comments:

laura said...

I love that Strega ad! It looks like wallet making material to me!

Christine Marie said...

Laura...you're reading my blog AND my mind!!!!

Anonymous said...

You didn't have to put her away.....Gee that Chance looks like something I have seen before????? We all need days like that,mine was yesterday too Love the music XX Joanie

Christine Marie said...

Joanie, the ANGEL is still there! :-)

Linda said...

Love the pix! Second best to being there. "Come Sunday" is beautiful. I'm a sucker for strings. Thanks for the reminder to appreciate the beauty of the snow, rather than seeing it as something to schlep through with my scruffy, short-legged mutt. I did notice Thursday night, however, that the snow blanket was so sparkly and splendid that it looked fake.