SNOW DAY !



It's hard to believe, but by January 4, I had all my Christmas decorations put away. Of course, the lights stay all year long as their purpose changes from Holiday Cheer to "mood lighting". Anyway, doing away with the rest may be a bit shocking to those who have known me from my Chicago days. Not only had it been tradition to leave Christmas up, at least until Little Christmas, (January 6th...ANY Italian family knows that!)...but  I have been known to keep my little trees up until April..replacing the glittery ornaments with little pastel egg decorations!  Anyway, this year, I had a need to "get back to normal"...whatever that means.  So last night I enjoyed a clearer space...





Today, I am looking out from my clear space...unto this:


White space!!



It's beautiful, really. And it's still coming down as I type. I apologize for my 'adoring' spin on this White Space to those of you who have to drive in it...I am saved from that drama.  Heck, I am even saved today from walking or busing it...since it is an official: SNOW DAY! So here I am, in my own cozy little paradise.  With everything I need at my fingertips, tranquil and soft...like the snow.
Who could want for anything else?


~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was thrilled to get many responses to my last post...some of which you can read on the comment form...MANY came to me as personal emails.(it's not too late, if you haven't yet)  I like stirring up the brain molecules...to get people thinking.  Not thinking LIKE ME.  Just thinking.  After all...no one of us wants to get "SNOWED". (Sorry, couldn't help myself)


More to come, soon.  As I am making a sincere effort to WRITE more, (in whatever form, Blog, manuscript, gripes,  shopping lists ;-) It's a 2010 desire.No,  Not EXACTLY a resolution...because I very much relate to this quote by Anais Nin:  
“I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my Life, is already too much of a daily event for me.”
See ya' in a few days.
Enjoy the latest music additions.







5 comments:

Linda said...

More cool pix! Is that a yule log glowing on your little table?

Christine Marie said...

Ha, No yule log, Linda. It's my sliced agate light...which looks MUCH larger and brighter in the picture than it does in real life!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of your little table...But I like the new one of you,little Sis....... I love the music listen every night....Frankie is on now......Stay warm.....XXOO

laura said...

Oh my God!! I LOVE THE PICTURES. I am glad to read that you will be writing more. I like that Anais Nin quote and can relate. How much energy do we rob ourselves of in the name of self-improvement? I think it's depleting.

Agent M. said...

Excellent quote! :)