SAGE and CHANEL

SAGE & CHANEL Oh...how bourgeois of me to include the above picture on this post. Hey...wait a minute...look closer. What the *****? Well...here's the story. I firmly believe that there are some rituals and tools that can be helpful in our every day lives. I do not have much need for tools any more. But I do know believe that ritual is an intention to create a sacred space where energy can be transmuted...thoughts can be raised to attain a new clarity and fresh ideas can be ushered in...because an inviting environment has been created with a specific purpose in mind. Burning sage or smudging is something that I still do when I moved to clear a space because I feel there is some kind of stagnation or energy that is not quite comfortable. Just the act itself of using the sage for purifying can help lift MY perception of what feels less than perfect, as well. Such practices have been used by many cultures and I do not take lightly the implications...using them with the highest respect. I have a problem with those of us who take some spiritual practices casually...not acknowledging how they are deeply rooted in a generations of commitment and faith and serious dedication to specific Spiritual practices & perhaps even specific deities. This realization was truly ignited when Mother Mary first began to 'talk' to me and instruct me on my channeling path. One of the first things she said was..."Please let them know I am more than just an ornament" Seems to be there are a lot of ORNAMENTS hanging around...and also a lot of ornamental practices. Meaning not only is it the Heart of the matter that may be missing...but the MIND, too. So the other day when I was having to spend several hours in a space that felt was not quite up to par...for whatever reason, I found some sage in my hand. Honestly, without much thought I lit the smudge stick with a clay dish beneath it to catch any falling embers and walked around to each corner and nook and cranny and waving the wand around...so the smoke of the sage would gently drift into any area that may need a lift. As I performed the 'ritual' I, walking behind the drifting smoke was being enveloped in the heady, dense smoke...and I wondered....... "Hmmm, I wonder how sage will mix with Chanel". I wore my Chanel #5 that day...because when I wear it...I feel uplifted. It creates a mood, whether it is in my head, in my energy field, whether or not others can feel it (not just smell it)...or it is just me. I find it exhilarating. Peaceful, really. I found humor in the fact that Chanel has become a a daily ritual for pretty much the same reason...I was using the sage for my surroundings. Ancient clearing practice merges with Elegance & style??? Mindful non-thinking, heartfelt congruency. Too much. Earth and heaven. D'uh. Heaven on Earth? Yeah. Integration. OK... DECOMPARTMENTALIZATION! So...? Well...it also explains why I cannot easily answer the question, "So, what did you do this week"? ~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

laura said...

This is such a good post and your blog looks so nice. I know this post is about many things, but I never thought of perfume in that way...I smudge and I wear perfumes, but have always used essential oils for my "lift". Yet, there are perfumes that do the same thing for me. I used to like Liz Claiborne for its high energy zap, Chloe for how it smoothed out my edges, Prada because it made me feel connected to something bigger and of course Chanel and I go way back because my grandfather and then Mark gave me bottles each year and it made me feel (even now) "grown up and pulled together". However, I never really thought about how dabbing pulse points with perfumes is more that just a fun beauty ritual.

I take care when I smudge, but will now pay extra attention and give my store bought perfumes as much respect for their effects as my essential oils.

Anonymous said...

When I saw that picture the tears began,but they are happy tears... The picture are sooooo beautiful and the music!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you counting down the DAYS????? Maybe what I send you will be on your bog....Where can I get some sage??? I need some clearing out too... Love Joanie.........XXOO

Anonymous said...

When I saw that picture the tears began,but they are happy tears... The picture is sooooo beautiful and the music!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you counting down the DAYS????? Maybe what I send you, will be on your blog....
Where can I get some sage??? I need some clearing out too... Love Joanie.........XXOO

Christine Marie said...

Laura....yes! And of course some of the perfumes use high quality oils..like Chanel and those you mentioned. Why are we attracted to THOSE scents? Honestly, when I put on my Chance or #5...I am immediately transformed to a place where I am reminded of the ME that I feel...and need to exude. Does that make sense?

Christine Marie said...

Joanne....sage: I've got you covered.
Hahahaha. Will try to send some very soon.