BLUE MOON EVE When I was a kid the days between Christmas and the New year felt so BLAH. And then...after New Years Eve...even Blah-er. The Chicago Winter Gray got really old by January 2nd...as the Christmas lights and holiday excitement disappeared. That's probably why, now... if you pay me a visit...anytime of year...there are Christmas lights...somewhere in my home. They make me happy. One day you might see a gentle glow of pink shining between the pottery on a high kitchen shelf or bookshelf... some bright, white shining stars through a lace tablecloth or curtain. Lights make me smile. And I have noticed...visitors smile, too...at the sight of light. New Years Resolution: Do more of what makes me smile. Smile about everything I do. (the second part could be a real challenge, but I'm game) Hey... I wanted to send you my personal musical New Year's message. I could only find this version in this form...of THE song I just HAD to share with you. So, if you would like to hear my heart message for the NewYear, (at least I feel this way MOST of the time...) just turn off the PLAYLIST for a few minutes and click the arrow below. Don't worry about watching anything there...after the first picture of a certain queen of song...(SHE happens to be my favorite version)...there's nothing else to see. By the way, it tickles me so...to hear from so many of you...how you put the BLOG on just to listen to the music I add. :-) More coming soon...in 2010. (Jeeesh....2010). And....Here's to YOU... HAPPY NEW YEAR.

4 comments:

littleorangekitchen said...

Oh wow! That song!

"I still believe in chasing dreams and places bets."

I love that line.

I have visited every place you have lived for 21 years and I always think of the light that fills every space...candle, string of bulbs or...other.

Now, just now...the bulb in the lamp by my computer blew out!!!!

Christine Marie said...

OK, THAT is some crazy timing....or....hmmmm. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hello, Right before Christmas I was feeling pretty...low/depressed/empty. I ended up looking at your Blog (I had never read a Blog!) You really helped me get back into this reality! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.. you always know how to share feelings so that i can be there too...

Vered