'FALLING SLOWLY' The last time I got snowed.........wait a minute....THAT is not what I mean....
Starting over...
A few weeks ago...I was out and about during a nice, hearty snow fall. :-) That day, I didn't have IT with me. Since then...the snow has not been so cooperative...and the most recent flurries lasted only minutes...as I watched it from indoors, not being able to get out in time...with IT in hand. Or, I was at work...where there was not an IT to be found. Huh? You say? When I was in third grade...we had a "playground field trip", during our Science period. We all had one these in our hands...and each one of us used IT to experience the snow in a different way. Apparently, I was changed forever...being that now, as an adult... I still find IT fascinating. (But then we all know I am a BIG kid at heart.) So..what do you think the IT is...that I am referring to? Send me a comment...tell me what you think IT is. C'mon...let's play! Don't forget you can comment anonymously...if you are shy. I am impatient. When I put a movie on, if I am not INTO the movie within the first 20 minutes...I get antsy. I might start doing something else while the movie is on...turn it off and come back to it later...or turn it off completely. The other night I watched a movie that I briefly read about on line. Anyway...I found the first twenty minutes...quirky, which is always good, but not not enough to say I was INTO it. EXCEPT...there was the music. Odd, off the wall, and at times, haunting. That is what kept me watching. When the script was pushing me away...some odd little piece of a melody would draw me closer. By the middle of the movie I loved the characters. I couldn't wait to see what happened to them. And by the end of the movie...I was SO happy that I stayed with it. Later, I read that it won an academy award for best song. Who knew? I just watch and listen to what feels good to me...NOT what critics think I should like! It is not your usual romance. It is much deeper than that. And...It IS a LOVE story. It is about friendship, music as healer and other REAL stuff. :-) If you are so inclined, read about how the movie was made and how the director chose the 'actors'. It only adds to the sweetness of the film. Or just watch the DVD and then get the scoop from the special features, like I did. I have included the link below...because the music 'greets' you there. MY LATEST FAVORITE MUSICAL P.S. We had a great snowfall today. I was out in the flurry. And I forgot IT...again!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It???????? shovel,cup,bag,...How about joy in your heart.. Oh wait you always have that..... I can't wait to hear what it is........ XXOO

Christine Marie said...

NOPE! But good try. And thanks for the Heart compliment :-)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking....A CAMERA! But no, didn't make sense for third graders to each have one...
Hmmm. What could it be? Still thinking....

Christine Marie said...

Again...a good try for another inquiring anonymous mind! But you're right...it's a 'NOPE!' I wonder how many answers will come in...before someone gets it!?

Anonymous said...

How long are you going to keep us waiting? I read your blog six times and still don't have a clue......(:)

Christine Marie said...

Well...someone DID get it right yesterday. I was waiting until more guesses came in...before I published it.
But since it seems pretty quiet out there, I suppose I will just let you all in on it.
Now...you may think that this commenter and I had discussed the whole thing, because we are close friends, but we didn't really!
So.....the next comment you read will be the RIGHT answer:-)

Anonymous said...

(December 7, 2008 11:12 PM)



A magnifying glass????

We are having such a beautiful snowstorm...so many light flakes that they rest on one another with lots of space between...I love that!

Christine Marie said...

Ding...ding...ding...
Laura got it!
Yes, next time it snows beautiful light flakes...get out there with a dark jacket/coat on. And with magnifying glass in hand...look at each one, just like they say...each with it's own unique design.

If you want to extend their life span a bit, put a dark cookie sheet in the freezer for a while, then take it out and catch the flakes on it. You have a little more time with them...and they stay 'flat' for better viewing.

Just a joyful little field trip for all us kids. I am now keeping my Mag. Glass in my bag at all times. :-)

Anonymous said...

Everytime I readyour blogs I learn something new about my little sister... I can't wait for the next one...... Ha a "Spy Glass" I know someone that got it....XXOO The old one

Anonymous said...

I Love Your Blog... Your Sister XXOO